The Bovilis Rotavec Corona is a single-shot injectable vaccination, given to pregnant cows to subsequently help protect the calf from diarrhoea caused by rotavirus, coronavirus and E. coli (K99 and F41), once the calf has been fed sufficient colostrum.
Bovilis Rotavec Corona is a single 2ml vaccine. It is administered to pregnant cattle 12 – 3 weeks prior to calving. It is given into the muscle of the animal.
Bovilis Rotavec Corona will stimulate the dam to produce antibodies which will protect the calf against rotavirus, coronavirus and E.coli (K99 and F41). These antibodies will be stored in the dam’s colostrum. The dam will pass these antibodies to the calf through the colostrum at the first milk feeding.
This is why is is crucial that the calf receives adequate colostrum as soon as possible after birth.
Remember the 1,2,3 rule when feeding colostrum. In the 1st 2 hours, ensure the calf gets at least 3 litres of colostrum. Feeding the calf good quality colostrum will enhance the protection of the calf against these scour causing pathogens.
New additions to Bovilis Rotavec Corona
Bovilis Rotavec Corona has undergone some recent changes. The following are some of the changes to note:
- Bovilis Rotavec Corona is now the only “one dose” neonatal vaccine with both an E. coli F5(K99) and a new F41 claim. E. coli bacteria adhere to the small intestinal epithelium by fimbriae, F5(K99) and F41 are the most commonly observed fimbriae in diarrhoeic calves.
- The vaccine pack has changed from blue to purple packaging.
- A new 50 dose pack size, is now available to complement our current 5 dose and 20 dose presentations and to support use whatever the herd size.
- All presentations are being transitioned from glass to a polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottle, instead of glass vials, to reduce the risk of breakage.
Bovilis Rotavec Corona – How does it work?
- Single shot primary course
- Low dose volume (2ml shot)
- Intramuscular (IM) administration
- Broad window of vaccination (Vaccinate pregnant cows 12-3 weeks pre-calving)
Why choose Bovilis Rotavec Corona?
- Reduces the severity of diarrhoea caused by E. coli (K99 and F41)
- Reduces the incidence of scours caused by rotavirus
- Reduces the shedding of virus by calves infected with rotavirus and coronavirus
- Unique 28 day in-use shelf life
- Reduces the risk of breakage with new PET bottles
- Available in 5, 20 and now 50 dose packs
Calf scour guide
Want to learn more about calf scour and how you can use Bovilis Rotavec Corona to protect your calves against scour? Check out our Calf Scour Guide by scrolling through the PDF document below.
Ask your vet about our Calf Scour Guide and how you can use Bovilis Rotavec Corona to help reduce the risk of calf scour occurring on your farm.