- These terms and conditions, together with the terms and conditions that are specific to any prize (as defined below) (the ‘Prize Specific Terms’) are known as the ‘Rules’. Words used in the ‘Prize Specific Terms’ shall have the same meaning when used here. In the event of any conflict between the ‘Prize Specific Terms’ and the Standard Terms, the ‘Prize Specific Terms’ shall prevail.
- The Rules apply to any competition (the ‘Competition’) that is promoted on Bovilis.ie by or on behalf of MSD Animal Health (Red Oak North, South County Business Park, Leopardstown, D18) and by entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by the Rules.
- MSD Animal Health reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of MSD Animal Health’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by MSD Animal Health.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability, and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- COMPETITION ENTRANTS:
- By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you in your Entry is true, accurate and complete in every respect. MSD Animal Health reserves the right to verify any information contained in your Entry and/or your eligibility to enter the Competition.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, the Competition is only open to persons who are resident in the Republic of Ireland and persons who are resident outside the Republic of Ireland may not apply.
- The Competition is open to persons over the age of 18 years only and entrants must be either a full-time or a part-time farmer. Proof of the same will be required by MSD Animal Health. Proof can come in the form of the farm’s herd ID number.
- MSD Animal Health reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that an entrant has breached any of the Rules, any applicable law (including copyright law) or has otherwise infringed the intellectual property of any other person. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with the Rules could lead to MSD Animal Health disqualifying that person, without MSD Animal Health giving any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge. An entrant can only enter the competition once. Where a name is the same, the Eircode will be cross checked. If the competition is entered more than once, only the first entry will be taken into consideration.
- Any person that is: (a) an employee of any company involved in the Competition; or (b) a family member of such employee, is not eligible to enter the Competition. MSD Animal Health reserves the right to disqualify any person that it knows is, or has reasonable grounds to believe is, ineligible for the Competition as a result of this Rule.
- In the event that a Prize-winner is disqualified from the Competition, MSD Animal Health will, unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, select an alternative Prize-winner in the same manner as the original Prize-winner and such selection will be subject to the Rules.
- COMPETITION ENTRIES:
- Entries can be made between Monday September 12th and Sunday October 9th. The closing date for the competition will be Sunday October 9th. at 23.59pm. Failure to enter between these days will result in disqualification.
- To enter the competition entrants must fully complete an online survey, choose if they would like to opt in or out for marketing communication and enter their full contact details.
- Contact details must include the entrant’s full name, email address, home address, mobile number, veterinary practitioner, and farming enterprise.
- Entrants must be either a dairy, beef, or sheep farmer. Proof of occupation may be required once the winner is selected. Proof of occupation can be determined by herd ID number.
- These contact details will be appropriately destroyed once the prize winner is selected.
- If the entrant has opted in for marketing communication, the entrants contact details will be store on file by MSD Animal Health.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, only one Entry per person is permitted.
- The prize-winners will be selected and notified by the 30th of October 2022.
- Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. In the event of a prize being unavailable for any reason MSD Animal Health reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- Prizes must be accepted in the manner set out in the Prize Notification. In the event that any Prize Notification is returned as undeliverable or any Prize-winner fails to validly reply to a Prize Notification within 28 days, MSD Animal Health reserves the right to disqualify the Prize-winner and select an alternative Prize-winner.
- MSD Animal Health accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment of any kind suffered by any entrant in entering the Competition, including as a result of any entrant winning or not winning any prize.
- MSD Animal Health accepts no responsibility for Entries due to details not recorded correctly by the entrant, or due to a computer error. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS AND DATA PROTECTION:
- In the event that you win the competition, you agree that MSD Animal Health (and any third party authorised by MSD Animal Health) may use your Entry for any promotional purpose (for example, placing it on the MSD Animal Health website or on any poster, leaflet or other advertising media). You confirm that your Entry is original that you own and have the right to license to MSD Animal Health the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Entry for the purposes referred to in these Rules. You will retain ownership of copyright in your Entry but you give MSD Animal Health (and any third party authorised by MSD Animal Health) your irrevocable licence to use, reproduce, publish, display, transmit, copy, amend, store, sell and sub-licence your Entry worldwide for such promotional purposes and for the purposes of the Competition.
- The Prize-winner agrees to: (a) the use of their name, one or more photographs of themselves and (b) co-operate with or participate in any other reasonable post-Competition publicity.
- The promoter will only process personal data received from participants in accordance with relevant data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation. The promoter will keep a record of the participants personal data provided to us, or as collected by the promoter as part of this competition. The promoter will use this for the purpose of entering the participant into the competition and contacting the participant should the participant win. For those that opt in to receive marketing materials, we will store the personal data in our Salesforce database for marketing purposes. For more information on these rights and how we process personal data, see the Privacy Notice.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- The Rules and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter (including the Competition), existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Irish law.
PRIZE SPECIFIC TERMS
- MSD Animal Health
- The prize consists of a free vaccine bundle to the maximum retail value of €2,500 (the “MSD Prize”). This vaccine bundle will comprise a supply of MSD Animal Health vaccines to be used in accordance with existing prescribing practices on the farm for diseases in beef, dairy or sheep. Examples for cattle vaccines might include leptospirosis, BVD, salmonellosis, neonatal calf scours, respiratory disease and clostridial disease. For sheep, examples of vaccines might include clostridial diseases, pasteurella pneumonia, enzootic or toxoplasma abortion, and footrot.
- The prize aims to cover the cost of up to 100 dairy or beef cows or 200 ewes.
- However, this vaccine bundle must first be approved by the farm’s local veterinary practitioner. If the local veterinary practitioner deems one or more of these vaccines unnecessary or otherwise unsuitable for that winning farm, there will be no alternative made available from MSD Animal Health.
- The MSD Prize will not exceed the maximum value of the MSD Prize as outlined above. The MSD Prize is supplied by Intervet (Ireland) Limited trading as MSD Animal Health (“MSD Animal Health”).
- The MSD Prize is non-negotiable, non-transferrable and there is no cash alternative. MSD Animal Health reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value.
- The prize winner will be randomly selected if he/she meets the criteria specified in the competition entrant terms.
- The prize is valid between 30th September 2022 to July 30th, 2023, after which, the MSD Prize will not be redeemable and will be null and void.
- The Prize-winner unconditionally agrees (as a condition of accepting any prize) to: (a) the use of his or her name, one or more photographs of themselves and (b) co-operate with or participate in any other reasonable post-Competition publicity in relation to the MSD Prize and/or MSD Animal Health.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, MSD Animal Health, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss or damage occurring as a result of taking up the MSD Prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the MSD Animal Health, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- MSD Animal Health reserves the right to cancel or amend these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of MSD Animal Health’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the MSD Animal Health.
- MSD Animal Health is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- MSD Animal Heath will process any personal data received from Design Minds LTD, Survey Monkey and/or the Prize-winner in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
- MSD Animal Health reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the MSD Prize where it becomes necessary to do so.
The personal information (contact details) you have provided when entering the competition will be processed for the purpose of selecting and notifying the winner(s) of the prize draws. The winner(s) will be contacted by email. If attempts to contact the winner(s) by email are unsuccessful, we will try to contact them by phone. By providing your details, you consent to the processing by MSD Animal Health Ireland (MSD), acting as data controller.
Consistent with the purposes described above, you acknowledge that the personal information you provide to MSD can be transferred to Merck & Co., Inc., its subsidiaries and/or to companies globally that provide services on our behalf, if that is required, and in accordance with our instructions. This may include international transfers based on Binding Corporate Rules and Standard Contractual Clauses. Any party handling information on behalf of MSD is contractually obliged to process your personal information in accordance with the same privacy standards as MSD.
You may exercise your rights, among others, of access, rectification, erasure of your personal information and withdrawal of your consent by sending an email to email@example.com . For more information on our privacy practices and policies, please check our privacy commitments: https://www.msdprivacy.com/ie/en/